how about, as a general rule:
abusers do not get redemption arcs
This is the most amazing sweater in existence.
If you knit, or can sweet talk someone who does, a person on ravelry charted this pattern to knit it (in black) for her son: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cabled-skull-chart-for-pullover
HOSHIT I’M GOING TO HAVE TO UP MY GAME SERIOUSLY
i’m about to get really good at cables.
maybe i’m a goddamn bleeding heart hippie liberal but i’m totally down with paying an extra .50 cents for a thing of fries if the person who makes me those fries doesn’t have to work 3 jobs just to survive.
most studies show that prices would only have to go up by 1 to 3 cents in order to raise employee wages significantly
or, you know, the ceo’s could take pay cuts but that would be so hard for the poor multimillionaires
casually call people “human” to unsettle them and make them question what sort of being you are
It’s Okay It’s Love(2014)
This drama is tragically and beautifully written. We rarely see the deglamorized reality of Mental Illness and the stigmas that come with it. I would highly suggest this drama to everyone! You don’t even have to be a drama fan to appreciate this amazingly well written story.
In some east Asian countries, mental illness carries even more of a stigma then it does in the UK and the US, which makes this film so much more important.
Ok I cried this drama needs so much more attention
- The two male leads both suffer from mental illnesses
- The male lead has very severe schizophrenia
- He also has PTSD and can only sleep in his bathtub
- His friend (the second male) has Tourette’s which is consistently portrayed
- They DO NOT HOLD BACK on the ableist statements and remarks posed to the characters at all
- Nearing the end of the drama the male lead completely loses his grasp on reality with a severe relapse
- Neither character gets miraculously 100% cured (both are indicated to still take medication)
- They make peace with their illnesses and it’s a happy ending
The drama’s writers were also recently given a plaque for their efforts in raising awareness for this, and it breaks the stereotype of the conventional ‘perfect family’ K-drama. Seriously, go watch this.
Town designed to look like a drought burdened desert
that is stealhy as fuck imagine looking down on that shit from an airplane yo would never know there was a fucking city down there
((Headcanon Night Vale))
HEADCANON ACCEPTED LIKE WOAH